Access 2002/XP Training
Access Course Outline
This three day course is fully customizable to meet the learner
requirements! This course (usually) focuses on building and maintaining Access
tables, forms, queries and reports. All work in Access will be done on the
student's "real" project. Course materials will be generated to accommodate
the individual learned outcomes of each days training. i.e. screen
captures and notes will be taken throughout the course as the student works to
generate a "reference hand book" of the project.
By the end of the course the student will have mastered
the skills required to create and manage reports from SQL queries on Access
tables. The student will also be able to design forms keeping human
interface and data structure in mind. Also, the student will be able to
connect Access to a SQL data source and create reports based on queries.
The student will generate a "reference hand book" of the project.
At the beginning of the first session, the instructor and the student
will clarify what aspects of the "real" project are problematic,
and where the best use of training/documentation should be focused.
I have found that this training approach is very
project-results-based and tends to deeply-engage the learner -- they see
their own project coming to fruition -- very exciting!
- Building Tables and Relationships - "How is the data related?"
- Building Queries (incl. SQL filters) - "What are we searching
- Basic reporting - "How do you want to display your
- Creating New Reports, modifying and editing
reports - "Maintaining a consistent 'report-look'
- Non destructive Reports - "Modifying a report, NOT the database for a
- Exporting Data (Results of queries) - "Reusing data in other
- Compacting the database - "Database management"
- Repairing the database - "More database management"
- Creating and modifying Access forms - "Talking to the user, getting
- Intro / Overview of SQL
- How to connect to the SQL data source
- Backing up and restoring the database